Tuesday 7 January 2020

Amaryllis days

You might remember when I took photos of my amaryllis as they flowered last year. This year we started with the 4 saved ones.  Two were badly damaged by slugs, one more than the other. We had to throw it away. So my husband bought one.  Lion Red...we had one, but last year it only had leaves.
Here is the new one now! It grew very fast and was the first to flower.

After he bought that one, I went to the shops and bought a few more. I knew I didn’t have white or one called Apple Blossom. I also bought Happy Memory, in case the one we had before grew only leaves.
And the same day, he came back with two more! These are meant to have double petals...I think.
So most of the new ones have been growing. I can’t tell yet if we will get any repeat flowers on the old ones.
However, Apple Blossom is flowering finely. Two flower stems and each with 4 flowers!

It didn’t grow as tall as most of the others have.

I do love these flowers! They are overwhelmingly beautiful...and they haven’t got a scent. This is good for me because I cannot breathe when flowers like lilies bloom.

No comments: