Saturday 28 November 2015

cutting out

I got a bit stuck on the refugee piece because I knew I needed to use freezer paper to cut the shapes out. I was not going to be able to just trace round the shape, as I usually do, because of the loose weave of the muslin.

I took the figures I had traced onto freezer paper to the Offcuts sewing meeting today. And whilst chatting got those cut out. Then ironed onto the fabric and had just a few more cuts to finish when we had to tidy up.

So, here are the backs of the shapes. You can see a little scrap from the trimmings which shows what the silhouettes of the people will actually look like - cut from rust dyed cream muslin. I have the black muslin at the back so the changes in colour of the background will not show through.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Labour intensive but worthwhile.