Thursday 7 January 2010

microphotography - with paint

Part of the challenge for the microphotograpy was to include painting. So, today I finished the threadwork on the white part of the piece and have painted the edge to resemble the edge of the slice of agate.

I need to figure how I will finish off the edges or mount it in some way.

I am listening to an audio book again. I recently found the ones of the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency. I listened to two dramatisations a few weeks ago, and liked them so much I decided to see if I could get the complete books from the library. I love the descriptive part of books, and that is missed in dramatisations...and TV shows.

So anyway, I have been listening to Tears of the Giraffe. Part of the appeal is that it gives me an idea of how the place where my friend Yvonne might be. Although it is Zimbabwe and not Botswana, I can imagine that the old ways in Zim were quite similar to the old ways spoken of in these books.

No comments: