Friday 13 September 2019

UFO or WIP

Perhaps you know the  letters UFO or WIP and what they mean. Un-Finished Object and Work in Progress.
This is my latest. I have had the eyelet lace for a long time. Rescued from someone who didn’t want it.

I started making the dress last Summer, but with one thing and another, put it off. Probably the greatest reason was that I had to get my head round doing the lining and placement of the seams.  the seams. Then it became winter, and I determined to leave it to this summer.
I got the lining and lace put together earlier this summer. Then the delay was the zip and the best order for that.
Finally this week I sorted the zip and got on with binding for the armscyes(armholes) and the neck. I did binding sewn to the front and turned to the back. Today I finished hand stitching the binding to the lining.
Now it needs a good press - especially the seams - and then to the hemming.
Once this is out of the way, I really need to make some winter dresses.

No comments: