Tuesday 31 July 2018

Bead on 22-28 July

Sorry for the long silence.  Struggling a bit with spending much time on the computer because my right eye, which was getting rather blurry, is in need of a cataract surgery. 🙈 The date is the 21st of August.
 I am looking forward to having 2 eyes to see out of! 😜

So, those and a birthday and a very busy weekend doing things with friends.

week 30  2018
I didn't do much on the trim, so that will wait, but I still did the daily beads.
bead on fabric

I have been doing future project thinking, which is easier than wearing out the one eye which does work. When I do small things or try to sew on the machine, I have to close the blurry eye. But that makes perspective off and you should see me thread a needle!

Anyway, I want to do something wonderful with these threads I got from InStitches in the Spring.
I have been sorting cupboards and fabrics (instead of sewing), with an eye to what might work for the project. This loose weave navy with stripe is what caught my eye. It will set off the threads nicely, and the stripes will give me a guide to work with.
Not fully decided on a specific embroidery stitch or several different ones. But this will probably become some daily project - or weekly. I really like the work Penny Berens and Judy Martin do. I would have loved to go to their recent joint exhibition!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm glad your cataract surgery is scheduled!! I bet you're counting down the days. I love seeing your daily beads- They are so cool looking!! And I can't wait to see what you do with those rainbow threads. All those bright colors are very much my color scheme of choice....

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Sandy! I am sorry you are struggling with your sight, and glad you have your surgery scheduled. There's nothing like losing it, even briefly, to realize just how important it is. Happy Friday, friend! ~smile~ Roseanne