Friday 30 October 2015

Student work at SHP

When I was at South Hill Park to see the Magna Carta Quilts, there was also a display of work from students who take courses at the arts centre.
I took some photos of a few that caught my eye.

This harp was amazing in itself before the stained glass butterflies were added. But they do seem to work. I took the photo before I began seeing the rest of the quilts and then the student work, so I didn't think to take a photo of the label to see whose work it was.







These two quilts were done by my friend Mavis, who does the most exquisite hand work! Not only the embroidery, but also the quilting is all by hand.



There were a selection of other ceramics made to look like small gargoyle type creatures. I will show the photos of those tomorrow.

No comments: