Thursday 11 July 2013

cutting areas

A new friend came round yesterday asking for advice about cutting mats. I have a large one on my cutting table, and then smaller ones in different places.

Because she was coming, I decided I had better do a bit of clearing round and about. Also I needed a bigger clear spot because I am back to working on the Cloud Puppy again.

So, I sorted things on the smaller table, and then realised I could put my A2 size cutting mat on there to show her. I was going to let her borrow it, so I though she might like to have a go.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I reassured her about the one she bought and this one stayed. I started working on the Cloud Puppy and realise the position of this smaller mat was just right!
You may notice the Cloud Puppy's background has changed.

Normally the large one is covered by the piece I am working on and auditioning things for composition and placement. If I need to cut something, I have to shift things to get a little area of the big one to cut on. But with this one here, I can carry on with the auditioning bit but also actually have a place to cut on!

now, what to do with the pile at the other end of the big table. It has scraps from what I have been working on. and so I know just where to look if I need just a bit more of something.

No comments: