Sunday 27 June 2010

and more exhibition

A couple of photos of dream like art work that caught my eye at the exhibit at New Directions for Reading Arts Week.
I loved the dream like state of these...maybe because we recently watched Alice in Wonderland?

I am not generally drawn to pottery, but I did like this one.
I really like the texture.

I had a good afternoon showing a few more of my various journal quilts from over the past few years and demonstrating machine embroidery. I started another dragon, which will actually be a bit bigger than journal quilt size. At present there isn't enough to photograph.

I got to catch up with my friend and colleague, Caroline Quin who did the teaching qualification with me. We are never teaching in the same centre or even at the same tutor meetings, so I haven't seen her since last summer! I really would like to take her book illustration course. I absolutely and utterly love her work. and her imagination. Click on her name to see her illustrations. She also has a head full of dragons! :D
Click on the photo to make it larger.

No comments: